Saturday, October 14, 2006

Last Weekend Before....AFRICA!

Today, I am busy checking my list, making sure I have gotten everything. Have a few things to look for. Getting my medicines together. I have to find a harmonica....for a blind man in the church who plays and has lost his (imagine that). I am digging through old tubs to get out my "Africa clothing". Beverly is off for "Fall Break" next week, so she will help me with some of the items that still have to be done. We are praying about everything that has to be accomplished during this trip. I will be presenting our A Place of Hope - Africa project to the Nigerian Community of Nsukka. We hope to name the orphanage there "Umuaka Childcare Center". Umuaka means children in Igbo, the tribal language of the region.

Next week, I work right up until my first flight to Atlanta. I will be staying with my Uncle and Aunt there, overnight. Then on Thursday, I depart from Atlanta to Malabo via Paris. I arrive in Malabo at 4:30 p.m. their time, but for me it will be 10:30 a.m. and I will have been traveling for about 18 hours. Joe and Joan Ray, our friends who have been in Africa since we were there, will pick me up from the airport (Joe has worked in the oil business for years). I will then go to speak in a conference among the people of our church in Malabo at 6:30 in the evening.

The conference will run from Friday nite - Sunday nite. Pray that God will use me, my words and my life to bring those who know Christ as Savior closer to himself and those who don't into a personal relationship with himself.

On Monday, I start the VISA process at the Nigerian Embassy. This takes a couple of days. I'll let you know more in the next blog.

No comments: